Terms & Conditions
All safeguarding issues must be handled using our safeguarding policy.
All complaints that cannot be dealt with by the centre manager should be passed to head office promptly. Head office can handle complaints from parents. Informal complaints and Stage 1 or 2 complaints must be recorded in the records folder at centre and kept for 3 years in accordance with OFSTED regulations.
Informal complaint to centre
Centre Managers will attempt to deal with complaints informally in centre. Details should be stored in the records folder.
Stage 1 – Informal Complaint to head office
Upon receiving a complaint Head office will appoint someone to listen to the complaint verbally and make informal recommendations within 28 days.
Stage 2 – Formal Complaint Investigation
If the recommendations are not acceptable to one or more parties, they can request that it be escalated to stage 2. Head Office will appoint an investigator, interview the people involved and write a report. This report will be shared but parts might be redacted.
The report will be completed within 28 days of escalation to stage 2.
Genie Private Tutors Franchises Ltd.
0333 344 2280
Trials and Free Trials
Trials are available for new customers. One free trial per customer. Additional free trials can be booked and the fee will be the advised at the time of booking. Trials and free trials are offered subject to availability and can be with draw at our descretion.
Referrals, Introducing and Recommending new Customers to Genie Tutors
To qualify for any cash or voucher the person referred must have never sent a child, or attended Genie Tutors in the past or be known to Genie Tutors. We will check our records to ensure that this does not happen. Further terms might be applicable but will be stated on the advert. Multiple introductions can result in multiple rewards. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Terms and Conditions Applicable to all Offers
All offers are available at participating centres.
Multiple offers cannot be used in conjunction.
Any money off or reduction is applied to tuition attended in the month advertised.
Summer Offer – Tuition for £10
Over the summer holiday children fall behind – https://genietutors.co.uk/summerslide/ . Just a few hours of tuition a week over the summer can help your child get ahead. That’s why we are offering all children attending Genie Tutors extra sessions for only £10. Terms and Conditions: Sessions must be booked and paid for in advance; The child receiving the tuition must be a paying customer of Genie Tutors. Offer valid from 01 June 2019 until 31 August 2019
Vouchers on news letters are valid for 3 months of tuition. Vouchers expire 30 days from the date of the newsletter. If the date gives the month and year it will be assumed the date of the newsletter is the last day of the month. . Cannot be used with other offers. Terms & conditions online. The bearer of the voucher must confirm the school the voucher came from. The voucher can be used for all parent’s children that attend the same school. Vouchers cannot be used with other offers including the free trial. Tuition can be cancelled within 7 days of the first session in which case parents will receive a refund after a prorata amount has been withheld to pay for tuition received.
Competition Terms and Conditions
From where ever you access the competition the laws of England and Wales apply and the courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction in the event of a dispute
No purchase necessary
Entries will not be returned and any copyright will pass to the organiser of the competition
Winning entries names, photos and images may be used in publications and promotions. Entry into the competition will give us permission to use the information provided
Entrants must be 18 or over
The competition is not open to employees, franchisees and owners of any Genie Tutors organisation and their families
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in enquiry forms on our site https://genietutors.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or any other activity carried out on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Information received from phone or in person. We receive personal information in person or over the phone. We will ask permission to take this information. Your information will be entered into our CRM and passed to your relevant local centre.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data and/or your S2 Registration Form;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our franchisees, subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If any company within the Genie Tutors organisation or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Information gathered through this web site will be held in a secure database be used periodically to assess the success of the web site and the actions generated from the levels of traffic generated.
When you request a page from the site’s web server, the server automatically collects some information about your system, including your IP address. Genie Tutors collects the minimum information necessary to ensure our service works.
Changes to this Statement
Genie Tutors will occasionally update this Privacy Statement to reflect company and customer feedback. Genie Tutors encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Genie Tutors is protecting your information.
Wherever possible, links will include a Title/ALT Tag. This will allow for the visitor to see the title of a link before clicking on it. This will also be advantageous for screen reader software.
Link text is never duplicated; two links with the same link text always point to the same address.
Wherever possible, images contain titles, ALT tags, and sometimes even captions.
We would recommend the following accessibility software from various vendors.
- We would recommend JAWS a screen reader for Windows. A time-limited, downloadable demo is available here.
- An alternative Screen Reader is Lynx, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille displays.
- Links is a free text-only web browser for visual users with low bandwidth.
- Opera, a visual browser with many accessibility-related features, including text zooming, user stylesheets, image toggle. A free downloadable version is available. Compatible with Windows, Macintosh,Linux, and several other operating systems. Click here to download Opera
The following services are external systems for checking the compliance of our website. These ard 3rd party systems and their reports are only for use as guidance.
- Bobby is a free service to analyse web pages for compliance to accessibility guidelines. A full-featured commercial version is also available.
- W3C HTML Validator
- W3C HTML Validator is a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Lynx Viewer
- Lynx Viewer is a free service for viewing what your web pages would look like in Lynx.